Aug 28, 2020
in this Episode:
- Juliet, the smarter woman, used the word “lawyerly”, and Steve
remembers getting into trouble for using the term. They’re going to
have to resolve this off air.
- Andrew says you need a team. It’s not about you.
- The culture of an organization matters. Culture is not easily
transferable, or purchased. You can’t just take it off a
- You’re going to be more successful when you can focus on the
result that your services are bringing.
- “Your kids don’t need your money, when they’re young they just
need your time.”
- It is important to discuss the elephant in the room.
- “A truly wise person knows that they know nothing.”
- Andrew tells us why we, as entrepreneurs, need to have two
- As entrepreneurs, it’s beneficial to think about where the
business is going, and when it will end.
- Andrew emphasizes the importance of educational growth, and
about the business contingency planning toolkit. “If it all goes
down tomorrow, I’ve done everything that I can.”
- Steve and Andrew agree that engineering only makes sense to
- “There is no such thing as work-life balance. It is all life.
The balance has to be within you.” - Sadhguru
Our guest is Andrew Brown, the Chief Visionary of
Brown Lawyers. His mission is to change the way people feel about
lawyers, by building a business that improves the lives of the
community, and encourages personal growth.
Adam Vitovsky / CC BY